Yesterday, Zach was telling me & ATM how the 209 Victory St. space might be bought from under us. Too, we're on a month-to-month lease. Basically, all major projects must be halted until we know where we stand. How frustrating. There is another rental down the street on Victory, across the street from Cotham's, but that's not even up for discussion because the guys want to try to stay where we are. I guess that's o.k., but I don't want to be held "hostage" by some new dumb owner guy. I know, I'm not being fair and I'm not giving this guy a chance, but I also know how people can be. It's a classic case of being weary of "new guys" and expecting the worst.
Moving on, the cookout turned out alright. The food was great. The music was awesome. I did feel a certain emptiness, though. There were a few times when I felt ready to pack up and go home. Did the endless rain finally get to me? Poor Zach. He didn't want to give us the bad news about the space until after the holiday, because he didn't want it to bum us out, but maybe it did anyway.
The silver lining -- our first pick from the herb/tomato/pepper garden:

Dark chocolate cake w orange zest:

Rain be damned! We just moved the picnic table inside. Cozy and D-R-Y!

BBQ tofu steaks at it's finest. LOOK AT THAT!

Listening to records:


Dark chocolate cake w orange zest:

Rain be damned! We just moved the picnic table inside. Cozy and D-R-Y!

BBQ tofu steaks at it's finest. LOOK AT THAT!

Listening to records:

We just got done cleaning the dishes from yesterday's soiree & tidying up the house. Mayumi will be here around 5 p.m. I think we're supposed to have dinner and then...? It'll probably be an easy evening.
2 comments:
your peppers are lovely.
Also diggin': that cake, your turquoise plates, orange zest in general, and your addiction to making plans.
I want to come visit you soon!
Thanks, Alannah! I'm so stoked about that little garden of ours. I can't wait for the tomatoes to come through!
We'd love to host you guys! Let me know when you have a free weekend!
xx
Post a Comment